Registration is limited to Fifteen (15) attendees to ensure quality.
The Leadership & Psychology in Business DevelopmentTM workshop is a highly interactive training program for Business Development or Capture Management Professionals. This workshop is part of the MBD Reinforcement and Implementation Series and is offered exclusively to graduates of a 2 or 3-day MBD Introductory program. This workshop will enhance your understanding of how to leverage the principles of behavioral psychology to better understand yourself and your prospects and will help develop an understanding of how to be a purpose-driven Leader in the BD relationship.
This 2-day MBD Reinforcement and Implementation Series workshops build upon the broad range of material covered in your initial MBD training. By focusing on one core content area and utilizing role playing, individual exercises, peer coaching and other interactive activities we provide you an in-depth understanding of the material and the reinforcement necessary to fully internalize and master the content.
Who Should Attend?
Mastering the Client Engagement Process is designed for personnel primarily responsible for revenue generation (BD, Capture or PM’s) and their managers. This program is available to individuals who have completed either a 2 or 3 day Introductory MBD program. Those on the BD and BD Leadership development tracks should attend this workshop.
Leadership in Business Development:
- Understand how the “BE” components of the 12 Core Competencies enable you to lead as a purpose-driven Business Development professional
- Understand the importance of balancing individual and organizational mission, purpose, roles and goals
- Understand the difference between goal and purpose in Business Development
Psychology & Understanding Yourself:
- Understand the “KNOW” Components of the 12 Core Competencies and how these affect yourself and others
- Identify and address the conceptual baggage that is holding you back
- Learn to recognize and correct repetitive non-productive behavior
- Understand how to recognize and avoid “power plays” and “sales games”
Psychology & Understanding your Customers:
- Utilize Behavioral Analysis to understand your client’s position
- Explore the “critical psychological gauges” of how to read the client
- Learn how to engage, interview and gather intel while keeping the client “OK”